Provides a very welcoming environment that allows people to feel open and relaxed. Lots of support and information available
5 Reasons Gratitude is Good For You!
Monday, December 2, 2013T’is the season of giving!
Regardless of which holidays you may choose to celebrate, the weeks between December 1st and the New Year is often a welcome period of time dedicated to friends, family and giving thanks for the good things in our lives. But did you know gratitude is actually good for your health?
Countless scientific studies have proven that practising gratitude (or keeping track of all the things you have to be thankful for) is actually beneficial to both your mental and physical well-being, and Dr. Lawrence Rosen even calls it his “favourite prescription.” Here are some of the ways gratitude is good for you:
1. Gratitude reduces depression
2. Gratitude can lessen the symptoms of anxiety and post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
3. Gratitude can improve the quality of your sleep (which can lead to improved mood!)
4. Gratitude strengthens your heart and helps to reduce inflammation in your body
5. Gratitude can help to improve your memory
Learn more about all the reasons why being thankful can help make your life better by reading Dr. Rosen’s complete article at MindBodyGreen.com, and don’t forget that #GivingTuesdayCA is tomorrow! It’s a perfect way to practise gratitude by giving back to others in your own community. You can follow our #GivingTuesdayCA campaign on Twitter by searching the hashtag #iGive2Nexus and you can make a donation to Nexus Youth Services here.