Felt really comfortable with the counsellor, who was awesome! Felt safe to speak the truth without being judged.
Attention Youth! Want to be in a film?
Monday, March 30, 2015Attention youth! You are invited to participate in an upcoming film. Themed around The Amazing Race, this documentary will feature youth stories and experiences in the Peel community. There are many ways you can get involved, so come on down to our informational meeting on Wednesday, April 1st at 5:30pm to be a part of something big. Food and beverages will be provided. The meeting will take place at the Nexus Youth Centre, located on the 2nd floor of the Mississauga Central Library.
We're looking for youth who:
- Are 14-24 years old
- Have stories/experiences around youth homelessness or mental health
- Want to learn about the services around them
- Have questions about the project
- Want to stop the stigma around youth homelessness
What YOU get from participating:
- Become part of the action by playing the role of contestant or sharing your experiences
- Meet amazing people planning the event as you learn and grow with Nexus
- Honorariums will be given to the chosen participants