When I made personal opinions my thoughts and ideas were respected without interruption
Social Media Community GuidelinesThese are the community guidelines that Nexus Youth Services has developed for our social media spaces. They are designed to make sure that everyone who visits our online spaces feels welcome, safe and respected when they engage with us and each other online.1
We value your help in creating an online community we can all be proud of, so please do:
- Be yourself! We want to get to know the real you!
- Respect yourself, other users and the Community Managers -- be friendly, patient and kind to everyone :)
- Be safe and remember to protect the safety and privacy of others in our community 2
- Share links, pictures and videos you think others might enjoy or find helpful 3
- Share stories about your own positive experiences with Nexus
- Share your own poetry, art and other creative projects
- Let us know about programs you’d like to see at Nexus (and how you’d like to be involved!)
- Give feedback on how we might improve our online communities and offline programs and services
- Let us know when there are cool events happening in your real-life community.
To ensure that everyone feels safe and respected, please don’t:
- Post any confidential information about yourself or others
- Tag anyone in any pictures or comments (this includes location tagging)
- Post any sexist, racist, homophobic or otherwise harmful and discriminatory comments or content (videos, pictures, links) -- if you can’t say anything nice, don’t say anything at all
- Use swear words or other potentially offensive language
- Spam our pages with the same content over and over again, especially if it isn’t relevant to our community’s interests
- Treat our social media pages as crisis lines -- if you need immediate help, please contact Peel Children’s Centre’s 24/7 Crisis Line at 416-410-8615 (if under 18), Mobile Crisis of Peel 905-848-7754 (if over 18), Kids Help Phone at 1-800-668-6868, or call 911 4
- By posting a comment or material of any kind on a Nexus social media site the user hereby agrees to Community Guidelines outlined above.
- Advice provided by any participant should not be considered medical advice, and does not replace consultation with a licensed healthcare professional. Users of these sites agree not to hold Nexus Youth Services responsible for any damages arising out of any claim relating to any material a user has posted on an Nexus Youth Services site, includng social media sites.
- As part of our mandate we are committed to engaging with youth online and in our community, and as such we will sometimes share content that is deemed relevant and important by youth or which is youth-created. Please remember that Nexus Youth Services is not responsible for the content of any linked website, the privacy practices of linked websites, or any changes or updates to linked websites. The inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by Nexus unless explicitly stated otherwise. The comments and posts expressed by users on our social media pages do not necessarily reflect the opinions and/or position of Nexus Youth Services or its employees.
- In addition to these Community Guidelines, employees and affiliates of Nexus Youth Services must also abide by the Nexus Youth Services/Peel Children’s Centre Code of Conduct and privacy and confidentiality policies, and as applicable, professional Standard of Practice. All parts of the these codes also apply to online activity.