4K4Youth Pledge Form.pdfdownload
Kind, confidential. Like help is coming. Not alone.
The PLG Needs Your Help!
Monday, June 19, 2017The Project Leadership Group (PLG) at Nexus Youth Centre is a youth-led, staff-supported group that engages in activities ranging from outreach, to planning/facilitating social events for youth, to anti-stigma or awareness-raising projects in the Nexus community.
We are currently busy planning our first fundraising walk/run, 4K4Youth, scheduled for August 5th, 2017. We are looking for community volunteers to support the day-of coordination of this event, and to join the current planning committee for this fundraiser. Planning meetings occur from 4:30pm - 6:00pm each Wednesday at the Nexus Youth Centre, located on the 2nd floor of the Mississauga Central Library (301 Burnhamthorpe Road West in Mississauga).
We currently have (40) volunteer positions that we are looking to fill:
Food Management Volunteers (5)
• Collecting tickets and serving food to participants
Registration Volunteers (5)
• Checking in runners (registration)
• Distributing swag bags with t-shirts and souvenirs
• Collecting pledges and registration forms
Information/Direction Volunteers (5)
• Engaging with guests and runners
• Handing out site maps and providing directions to bathrooms, parking, registration desks, etc.
Raffle Ticket Sales Volunteers (5)
• Encouraging registration and explaining 4K4Youth 50/50 raffle
• Selling raffle tickets
Checkpoint Volunteers (20)
• Assigned to checkpoints to support runners with water and directions
Without the support of committed and dedicated volunteers, 4K4Youth would not be possible. To recognize their significant contribution, each volunteer will receive an event t-shirt and community service hours which can be used towards high school graduation requirements and/or an employment profile.
We welcome all volunteers, however anyone under the age of 14 must be accompanied by an adult, and volunteers under the age of 18 must have parent/guardian permission to volunter.
For more information, please contact Jesse Murray at email@example.com
You can also register for this event as a participant on our CanadaHelps registration page.